Just TWO sleeps to go until Beer InCider rolls into the Brisbane Showgrounds which means it’s time to talk strategy and how to make the most of your 2-day ticket!
Remember, all tickets give you entry to the Beer InCider Experience both Friday 22 AND Saturday 23 September.
Gates open to the Brisbane Showgrounds at 4:30pm (follow the signs on Gregory Terrace).
Head straight to the Merch Tent to purchase your Beer InCider tasting paddle then check out the breweries and cideries.
Start with the beers brewed for Beer InCider or exclusive to Beer InCider including:
- Sad Rude Future Brew at Green Beacon (QLD) - a collab with Beer InCider, Green Beacon and Ball Park Music
- Skrush at KAIJU! Beer (VIC)
- NE Finger IPA at Brouhaha Brewery (QLD)
- Twisted Vine at Aether Brewing (QLD)
- Thrice Cursed Bastards at Wrong Side Brewing (VIC)
- Haddock Festival Ale at Ballistic Beer (QLD)
- Spring IPA Nitro at Hawkers Beer (VIC)
- Epic Static at Epic Beer (NZ)
Take a swing at putt putt, test your strength on ‘The Strong Man Thingy’ then pull up a pew for Machine Age’s set at 6pm.
Grab a bite to eat from one of the 17 food trucks (followed by a sneaky Gluten Free Donut), top up your tasting paddle and be prepared to rock out the night with your favourite tunes from Butterfingers and the super hot-right-now City Calm Down.
Gates close 10pm and remember to leave your wristband on ‘cos no wristband = no entry and no wristbands will be reissued.
It’s game day! Pack a hat, sunnies, sunscreen and a jumper (it gets a bit chilly in the evening) and head to the gates for an 11am opening.
Find a spot at the 4 Pines Brewing Garden Bar to enjoy a spectacular sunny Brisbane day with a Brookvale Union Ginger Beer in hand.
Hazlett will be crooning from 12.15pm with Darren Middleton making an appearance from 1.30pm.
It’s the perfect time to tuck into a hearty burger, hotdog or nachos before making a trip around the marquee to try a couple more tasters.
Walk off lunch with a stroll past our live street artists and you might even have time to squeeze in a round of foosball or Berlin-style ping pong.
Non-beer drinkers should head to the Wine & Cocktail Bar with a cheese platter from The Cheeseboard in hand, ready to sip on Vinaceous Wines, espresso martinis, Aperol Spritz or passionfruit caprioskas. Yum!
The Hard Aches will be jamming from 3pm and with Cub Sport starting at 4.15pm, now’s the time to chat with interstate brewers about their brews.
You’ll know Cub Sport’s about when you hear the angelic sound of Tim Nelson’s voice echoing from the main stage.
Then grab an ice cold ‘Sad Rude Future Brew’ from Green Beacon just in time for Ball Park Music’s epic set at 5.45pm – it’s going to be a banger.
Don’t forget to grab your beer and band merch from the Merch Tent before West Texas Crude crank out the dancefloor fillers from 7.15pm – the perfect end to a perfect day.
Third & Final Release tickets are on sale now from just $35 each (+BF) for groups of four or more at www.beerincider.com.
Buy your tickets now and save – group tickets only available via pre-purchase online.
Golden Axe Pash Ma Cobana Slushy, you say? How about a Hawker's Spring IPA Nitro? We've even got Killer Sprocket BeastBlade Black Rye Smoke IPA! The official Beer InCider BREW LIST has been released. Check out details below.
Everybody wake up, welcome to the future.
We're merely days away from this year's Beer InCider. Jump onto the official Spotify playlist now and get ready to sing along to all your faves as well as BRAND NEW tunes from our line up including Ball Park Music, City Calm Down, Cub Sport, Butterfingers, The Hard Aches, Darren Middleton, Machine Age, Hazlett & West Texas Crude.
Spotify playlist: http://bit.ly/BICSpotify17
Top 5 Things You Need to Know:
1. Entry to the festival is via Gregory Terrace. Follow the awesome people and the signs.
2. The best way to travel to Beer InCider is by public transport, taxi or Uber. Find the best route and drop-off areas here.
3. Want to drive? No worries! We've got a great $5 parking offer thanks to Secure Parking. Just make sure you pre-book and never drink and drive.
4. We're completely cashless! ALL stands, food trucks, bars - even the merch tent - will only accept payment with a Mastercard, Visa or AMEX debit or credit card with tap & go or chip functionality. It's tap & go powered by Square
5. Don't forget your photo I.D. and your ticket (printed or on your phone). Our event is strictly 18+ which means no I.D. = no entry.
For more answers to all your burning questions, check out our FAQs here.
Brewsletter Pre Sale SOLD OUT
First Release tickets SOLD OUT
Second Release tickets - SOLD OUT
Third & Final Release tickets ON SALE NOW
BUY TICKETS NOW!
Last chance group tickets - only available online.
We're stoked to have two amazing artists painting at this year's Beer InCider festival 22 & 23 September at the Brisbane Showgrounds.
A big Beer InCider welcome to:
Australian based artist Gus possesses a diverse skill set, spanning many creative areas and mediums. Exploring figuration through studio work and contemporary mural painting, Gus blends methods to produce a vast array of work - from small compositions to expansive murals.
Sirmano is the alias of Anna, a Brisbane artist who creates playful illustrations working with paint, wood and mixed media. Sirmano’s creative practice has drawn influence from her love of travel, different cultures and her heritage. She has a keen eye for colour which is a big part of her work, it evokes a feeling and is what keeps her creating.
Catch Sirmano & Gus painting at the Beer InCider festival Saturday 23 Sept - tix available here.
It's a little over 3 weeks to go to Beer InCider and we're excited to introduce you to the Brews 2 Beer InCider. They're the beers you can't get anywhere else - they're being brewed just for Beer InCider which means you've got to be there or you miss out! A couple more are still 'on the hop' as we like to say, but here are four you'll want balancing on your paddle once you're through the pearly gates of the Brisbane Showgrounds this 22 & 23 September.
1. Sad Rude Future Brew - A band walks into a brewery... We put our headliners Ball Park Music in touch with the legends at Green Beacon (QLD) and the pale ale Sad Rude Future Brew was born. Heading to the canning line in a couple of weeks, this one will be in extremely limited supply. And what's better than drinking a Sad Rude Future Brew while listening to Sad Rude Future Dude live? (Nothing, that's what). You can read more about the brew day here.
2. Thrice Cursed Bastards - Wrong Side Brewing (VIC) has brewed a black imperial double hopped smoked rye IPA. Described as "three crazy bastards making beer... thrice cursed. It was a real f*cker to make". Seems only fair we should enjoy their suffering!
3. Skrush - We knew an exclusive brew from the team at KAIJU! Beer (VIC) would be awesome. The increasingly balmy weather caused by global warming has created the ideal climate for the first Category II FRUJU to emerge. SKRUSH is a double KRUSH, big and tropical, but still very skrushable. So, if it's a Tropical India Pale Ale, could it be a Goa Pale Ale? If it's anything like the original we're in for a real treat.
4. Fingerlime NE IPA - Off the back of their super successful Fingerlime IPA, head brewer Matt and the team at Brouhaha Brewery (QLD) have started their finger exercises ready for some more squeezing...(watch the video here). But this time it's a New England Fingerlime IPA - either way we're salivating.
But make sure you save a spot on your paddle for two more Brews 2 Beer InCider thanks to Aether Brewing and Ballistic Beer Co. The details are brewing...
If you've been to Beer InCider before you'll be familiar with the mighty piece of handiwork that is the Beer InCider tasting paddle. And if you haven't, it's shaped like a ping pong paddle (inspired by the Berlin-style ping pong tournaments at the original Beer InCider social club events) and has the functionality to easily transport (and hold at once) four 100mL tasting cups of your favourite beverage. The design really should be award-winning.
As with each year, the ultimate beer lover's accessory is in limited supply! So once you're through the gates at the Brisbane Showgrounds, make a beeline for the Merch Tent to find the Paddle Salesperson. Paddles are just $10 each and they will be snapped up!
Remember, Beer InCider is a cashless event so bring your debit or credit card so you can 'tap and go' powered by Square. Easy peasy!
WHAT do you get when you let the Beer InCider Experience’s headline act, Ball Park Music, loose in a brewery?
One epic pale ale.
In collaboration with the fourth annual Beer InCider Experience at Brisbane Showgrounds on 22 & 23 September, Brisbane’s very own Ball Park Music visited Green Beacon Brewing this week to brew a beer exclusively for the festival.
Ball Park Music frontman Sam Cromack (guitar/vocals) joined Jennifer Boyce (bass/backing vocals) and twins Dean Hanson (guitar/backing vocals) and Daniel Hanson (drums/backing vocals) at the brewery on Tuesday to perfect their ideal drop.
Aptly named Sad Rude Future Brew after their 2011 hit song Sad Rude Future Dude, the pale ale is now fermenting on site and will be heading to the canning line in a matter of weeks, ready for pouring at a Brews 2 Beer InCider tap takeover at The Mill in mid September, and of course, at the Beer InCider festival later in the month.
Available in kegs and specially designed cans, this flavoursome pale ale is super refreshing with hints of tropical fruit and citrus.
Green Beacon’s Business Development Manager Chris Borbas said it was a super successful brew and an absolute pleasure hosting the band on site.
“We’re BPM fans at Green Beacon, their music features heavily on our playlists at the brewpub. When Marty pitched the idea, we immediately said yes!” he quipped.
Beer InCider Experience Festival Director Marty Keetels said he approached Ball Park Music's management to see if the band would be interested in collaborating on a beer exclusively for Beer InCider and the band jumped at the opportunity saying they had always wanted to brew one.
“It wasn't a hard sell at all.
“The band members are beer and cider lovers so they fell over themselves to create their own beer.
“We talked about their favourite styles and decided to create a delicious pale ale they could drink on-stage.
“I know they’re super keen to test the batch,” said Keetels.
The Beer InCider Experience will take over the Brisbane Showgrounds on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 September 2017 with more than 300 beers & ciders, 53 breweries & cideries, 18 food trucks, 9 bands and now, one ‘exclu-brew’ by Ball Park Music.
Sad Rude Future Brew is one of six beers being brewed exclusively for Beer InCider with Aether Brewing, Ballistic Brewing, Brouhaha Brewery, KAIJU! and Wrong Side Brewing collaborations also underway.
Full details of the Brews 2 Beer InCider and tap takeover are yet to be announced.
Second release tickets to the festival are selling fast and are on sale now from just $30 each (plus booking fee) for groups of four or more here
BEER INCIDER EXPERIENCE
22 & 23 SEPTEMBER 2017
300+ BREWS, 53 BREWERIES. 18 FOOD TRUCKS. 9 BANDS. 2 DAYS. 1 TICKET.
BUDDY UP! Did you know groups of 4 or more can grab SECOND release 2-day Beer InCider tickets for just $30 (+BF) each? Yep!
300 beers & ciders, 53 breweries & cideries, 18 food trucks, 9 epic bands, 2 days, 1 ticket.
HOP to it, SECOND release tickets are almost sold out so grab your crew & your tickets NOW - BUY NOW.
22 & 23 September at Brisbane Showgrounds featuring Ball Park Music, City Calm Down, Cub Sport, Butterfingers, The Hard Aches, Darren Middleton & more!