Beer InCider is proud to announce the BRISBANE SHOWGROUNDS as this year’s venue with lovers of real beer, cider, live music and southeast Queensland’s best food trucks enjoying the festivities on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 September 2017.
The fourth annual craft beer and cider festival will feature more independent Australian and international exhibitors, craft beers and ciders, and food vendors than ever before due to the increased site size.
Festival director Marty Keetels said the move to Brisbane Showgrounds is a game-changer.
“The Brisbane Showgrounds will be an incredible new home for Beer InCider.
“We're delighted to be bringing the best breweries, bands and food to Brisbane's most central and exciting festival site, the Brisbane Showgrounds.
“We look forward to welcoming Brisbane's beer and music lovers to Beer InCider 2017 - it will be our best festival yet!"
Tickets to the two-day festival will go on sale in May 2017 with the official brews, musos and foodie line up to be announced in the coming months.
BEER INCIDER EXPERIENCE
22 & 23 SEPTEMBER 2017
It's a busy weekend! Add two parts cricket to some of Brissy's most inspired beer events:
FOUNDERS SHOWCASE - BREWSKI - FRI 16 DEC. Founders has a simple philosophy: "We don't brew beer for the masses. Instead, our beers are crafted for a chosen few, a small cadre of renegades and rebels who enjoy a beer that pushes the limits of what is commonly accepted as taste." If you're one of the cadre, get down to Brewski on Friday night!
KNEE DEEP BREWING CO - THE BAD FESTIVE SWEATER EDITION - THE MILL - SAT 17 DEC. Knee Deep started life as a gypsy brewer in Nevada in 2010. A year later it moved to Lincoln California to take over a vacant brewery. Demand for their brews was such it recently moved into a 28,000 square foot, custom built facility. None of that has anything to do with bad Christmas sweaters. Get down to The Mill on Sat to see what all the fuss is about!
SLOW COOK - PLOUGHMAN - SAT 17 DEC. The Shank Brothers, Pirate Life and Ploughman join forces to collaborate on Slow Cook. On the menu will be a slow cooked whole pig while Pirate Life is taking control of the taps. If you're new to Ploughman, it's a former saddlery (built 1870) turned awesome little bar. Based in Alderley, it combines interior cool with a great selection of cheeses, meats and pickles. Authentic, original, shared. Do yourself a favour and check it out!
A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE OF THE SCRATCH CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - THE SCRATCH - SUN 18 DEC. The very funny Ben Macleay joins the only slightly less funny Ben Nicholls as they host and curate a series of Yuletide themed TV clips and videos at the back of the bar. Oh who am I kidding - I'm not even going to pretend I know what this event is all about but I can imagine it's going to be awesome.
Cheers to that and Merry Christmas to all.
Here's our take on the most inspired beer events taking place in our fair city this weekend:
1. HARGREAVES HILL BREWERY SHOWCASE - BLOODHOUND - TONIGHT. Hargreaves Hill has a simple philosophy "choose good quality ingredients and create great flavour and balance". The brewery was founded by Simon Walkenhorst and Beth Williams in 2004 in a little green shed in the Yarra Valley. Decimated by the fires of Black Saturday, the brewery was rebuilt with the support of Victoria's brewing community in Lilydale. Simon will be on-hand tonight to showcase a range of seven kegs including a chardonnay barrel aged lambic fermented with brettanomyces and an imperial red ale that is brewed annually in extremely small batches to celebrate the brewery's re-emergence after the fires of 2009. It's the only keg of its kind that's headed to QLD. The entire tap list looks first class.
2. OZMOKE LOW N SLOW BBQ - BACCHUS - 10 DEC. Fancy an 8 hour hickory smoked Cape Byron Angus brisket matched with one of eight newly released Bacchus smoked and coffee beers? Thought so! There will be vegetarian pizza options on the menu for non meat eaters. If you make it there before 1pm, check out Craft Brewer & PubShop next door. Ross will take care of you.
2. NEWSTEAD TURNS 3 - NEWSTEAD - 11 DEC. The extremely fine folk at Newstead Brewing Co are celebrating the brewery's third birthday on Sunday. In true Newstead style, it is celebrating by hosting a Queensland beer showcase. Featuring excellent beers by White Lies, Brouhaha and Your Mates Brewing Co and we hope a few of Newstead's own creations, the party kicks off around lunch time. Oh and we're reliably informed there will be cake. What's a third birthday without cake? Congratulations to all involved in Newstead on an amazing three years. We'll be there to raise a glass to a brewery that's a great contributor to our city's beery heart!
Cheers to that...
Here's your guide to this Brisbane's most inspired beer events this weekend:
1. TUSK DAY - HOO HA BAR - TONIGHT. An Imperial IPA released twice per year in extremely limited quantities, Tusk is an Australian craft beer institution. Its previous incarnations have been smooth and rich with a wonderful malt backbone. Made at Feral's brewery in the Swan Valley WA, it's kegged off and delivered within 24 hours in refrigerated containers across the Nulla-boar. Tonight's release is being hosted by the most excellent Hoo Ha Bar. There's only one keg so get there early. It will be tapped at 6pm!
2. CYCLONE SEASON SEASONAL LAUNCH - NEWSTEAD BREWING CO - TODAY. This year's Cyclone Season is maltier, drier and stronger than previous years. Newstead's ode to Brisbane's summer weather, this beer is dry hopped with Hallertau and Tetnang hops. It will be on tap from today at Doggett St from 10am!
3. BEER INCIDER CHRISTMAS PARTY - WOOLLY MAMMOTH - TONIGHT. We're raising a glass to 2016 and all of our partners, suppliers, friends and family. Feel free to pop in and join the celebrations. The beers are on me from 5pm. I'm sure there will be maxi cabs going from Woolly's to Hoo Ha at some stage through the night!
In other news, it's great to see Modus Operandi is looking for a QLD based craft beer ambassador. Check out Crafty Pint for more info. This adds to new representatives appointed by Gage Roads and Hawkers in QLD, the local industry is continuing to grow.
Cheers to that...
This weekend is huge! Here's a look at Brissy's most inspired beer events:
AETHER BREWING LAUNCH - 25 NOV. After a very successful soft launch at Beer InCider this year, Dave and Jimmy are ready to open the doors to their brew pub on Railway Terrace, Milton. Aether has 12 taps on its ground floor and a further six upstairs. Add to this an amazing selection of tasty food and its easy to see why Brisbane is hanging out to welcome Aether. Get down and check out Aether's opening tonight!
MOVEMBER POKER - THE MILL - 26 NOV. This annual game raises funds for prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men's mental health. Hosted by Gerry Hayes, the winnings go to this great cause. It's only $30 to enter and Newstead are generously putting on a Karma Keg for the event. Imagine the bragging rights for the rest of the year! Can you bluff Brisbane's beer community?!
STONE & WOOD X VIOLENT SOHO CHARITY EVENT - BARDON BOWLS CLUB - 27 NOV. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that S&W collaborated with one of Australia's best rock acts Violent Soho to create the East Coast Crusher. An unfiltered Kolsch, this event features the final keg in the country. With two Karma Kegs generously provided by S&W, this event is in aid of the Smith Family and the bowlo.
Cheers to that...
A hawker is someone who travels around selling goods, typically by shouting.
1. HAWKERS QLD LAUNCH - The Mill - 17 Nov, Saccharomyces - 18 Nov, Brewski - 19 Nov, The Oxford Taphouse - 20 Nov. Hawkers has a wonderful back story. Acclaimed chef Joseph Abboud visited Lebanon in 2013 where he met Mazen Hajjar of 961 Beer. Over the course of many visits to Australia from Mazen the two hatched a plan to create Hawkers. Joined by head brewer John Seltin (formerly of Bright Brewery), you can meet the Hawkers team at several events this weekend in Brisbane. Having tasted their excellent Pale Ale, I can attest to the beer's great flavour and aroma. We hear a whisper that The Mill has a special keg of Imperial Stout that it will be tapping in addition to the Hawkers core range...
2. STONE'S 20th ANNIVERSARY IPA MANIA - Brewski - 18 Nov. Matt, Antoinette and the team at Brewski is celebrating Stone's 20th birthday the only way they know how - by bringing Brisbane an IPA inspired Stone tap list. Among the impressive list, the Unapologetic IPA is a must try collab between Stone, Beachwood & Heretic.
In other news, Newstead has just announced that Dr Kerry Claydon (formerly National Microbiologist CUB) & Tim Goulding (Brewtal Brewers & The Scratch) have been appointed to the positions of Head Brewer and Assistant Brewer respectively. We're excited by two aspects of this decision - the first is that another woman joins the craft brewing industry here in QLD at a very senior level and the second is that from our reading of Mark's blogpost, Tim is going to continue to build Brewtal.
Cheers to that...
We've decided to start a Thursday tradition - summarise for all of Brisbane the most interesting beer events for the weekend. This weekend in Brisvegas is a busy one. Here are the three events that have caught our eye at Beer InCider:
- WEEKEND OF TARTNESS - The Scratch - 12 & 13 Nov. This ode to all beers sour is a must do for all Brisbane beer lovers. Our picks for beers to try: Mismatch's Imperial Pomegranate Sour, Croft's Frenetic Condition Wild Ale and Cantillon's Rose de Gambrinus. Get along and pay Tim, Georgie, Kieran, Terri, Ben and the gang visit!
- CURRUMBIN VALLEY BREWING LAUNCH - Brewski - 11 Nov. A Double IPA and a Pale Ale will be the first beers that Brisbane tastes from this emerging gypsy outfit. Brewed on Gov's gear at Black Hops, we can't wait to try the Gold Coast's most recent beery offering. Luke and Pete will be onsite so you can meet the team behind the beer.
- ZE QICKLE LAUNCH - Green Beacon - 11 Nov. You've gorged on Ze Pickle's burgers around the country but you've never had one out of their new food truck - Ze Qickle. What's more, they've made a Cheeze sauce out of Green Beacon's Windjammer IPA. It would be un-Australian not to do a side by side tasting...
I'm off to Sniff & Sip tonight - The Boatrocker Sesh at the Brewhouse. Can't wait to check out Grant & Michelle's new place and try a couple of beers that have never been tapped in Brissie.
Without further ado, the Beer InCider Experience Brew List for 2016 is now available! Check out the 184 craft beers, cider & meads plus wine, prosecco and cocktails at this year's festival.
Hot tip, print out a copy to keep in your pocket or save a tree and save the PDF to your phone, easy!
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: For the first time ever a Brissie based bar is joining Beer InCider! Better yet, that bar will only stock NZ Indian Pale Ales! The much loved Brewski is officially jumping on the good ship Beer InCider and owners Matt Emerson, Antoinette Pollock and the whole Brewski team are bringing their passion for IPAs with them. Bolstering the festival's range of brews is an awesome list that Brewski has curated especially for us:
- 8 Wired Tall Poppy
- 8 Wired Hopwired
- 8 Wired Semiconductor
- 8 Wired Super Dank
- 8 Wired Str8up
- Epic Hop Zombie
- Epic Hopdozer
- Liberty Yakima Monster
- Liberty Knife Party
- Hop Federation Black IPA
- Hop Federation NZ IPA
- Hop Federation RED IPA
- Hop Federation Double IPA
- 8 Wired Palate Trip
Less than a week to go - grab your tickets now and start an intensive training program immediately!
Set times for next week's Beer InCider festival have been released. Check out details below
Haven't got your tickets yet? Hop to it!
Hurry, tickets are selling fast, secure yours online now & SAVE -www.beerincider.com/tickets