9 Weird & Wonderful Things to Do at Beer InCider
Sep 14 2018
Whether 2018 is your first visit to Beer InCider or your fifth, you're sure to be surprised by these 9 Weird & Wonderful Things to Do:
- If you like Aeroplane Jelly (and Aeroplane Jelly is for you), then wobble over to Archer Brewing and experience a childhood flashback with their Aeroplane Beer. An Imperial Pilsner and yes, it really does contain jelly crystals (just look at the colour)! To add to the fun, Archer Brewing is now a proud sponsor of Brisbane Bandits baseball, so they're bringing along a couple of great players for a meet and greet. Catch Justin Erasmus, Sam Holland, Ryan Searle, Daniel Nilsson and Logan Wade from 1pm-2pm on Saturday 22 September at Archer Brewing, and then on stage for a Q&A at 2.15pm. Plus, there's the chance to win a signed jersey. Sign me up.
- What's better than a piñata? A Balter can-shaped Tiñata! We kid you not. Swing by the Balter stand and you'll see the Tiñata hanging in all its glory adjacent. Line up, give it a hit and instead of plastic wrapped boiled lollies enjoy a bounty of merch for a winning swing.
- Ping Pong. Anyone who's attended Beer InCider before knows Ping Pong is ingrained in our festival's history. From quaint origins as a beery social club with a friendly round of ping pong, we've taken this humble game to a whole new level - we present to you The Ping Pong Arena. It's multiple tables, it's multiple players, and plenty of arena seating for your squad to cheer you on. At Beer InCider we play Berlin-Style Ping Pong. Get familiar with the rules, practice your backhand and we'll see you at the table.
- Get arty. A couple of times a day be sure to swing by our art murals in action to check on the progress of talented visual artists Shani Finch (@shanifinch) and Sky Parra (@skyparraart). Shani will be painting "Beer is a girl's drink" providing a great photo opportunity (#beerincider) while Sky is painting a scene from an iconic pop culture film with a twist. Show them some love and throw them a like or follow on Instagram.
- You can buy 100 donuts. This is something we 'donut' joke about. Sweet, crispy circles of goodness with a light, fluffy centre, dipped in sugar and served warm for your eating pleasure from Gluten Free Donuts. Buy one or buy 100. Look for the fluoro green stand.
- How many guitarists can we fit on our stage? Find out when Bris182, Brisbane's very own Blink182 cover band, graces our main stage at 4.10pm on Saturday 22 September. With all your favourite hits played out in true rockstar style, you'll want to grab a beer to sip between songs - you know you're going to be belting out 'All The Small Things'.
- Dine like a king or queen at our Pop Up Restaurants. We've taken our food offering up a notch this year by inviting some of Brissy's best gastro-pubs and eateries to set up shop for our patrons. Indulge in a lobster bug roll, cheese or charcuterie plate from The Alliance Hotel, a saucy plate of gnocchi from Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers, finger-licking dry spice-rubbed chicken wings with a blue cheese dipping sauce from Tippler's Tap or a juicy Vegan cheeseburger from Netherworld's Hellmouth Diner. You'll want to come both days of the festival just for the food!
- Possibly the most 'Instagrammable' bevvie of the festival, Welder's Dog Brewing's Pink Blossom, isn't just nice to look at, it's delicious too! A beautiful pinky purple hue, Pink Blossom is a 4.2% pink lemonade that's ticking all of our boxes.
- Take a break, rehydrate with some H2O from our free water fountains and find all 30 beery words in our custom made Find-a-Word. Pull up a beanbag and race your mates. You'll find it in the free Festival Program. Need a pen? Head to the Info Tent.
Beer InCider is at the Brisbane Showgrounds on Friday 21 and Saturday 22 September 2018. Buy your tickets now.