Top 11 Things To Do at Beer InCider
Aug 23 2018
It’s our favourite 'To Do' list of the year! Grab a highlighter and get set to plan your experience. Here are the Top 11 Things To Do at Beer InCider 2018:
11. Everyone loves a game of piñata but Balter has taken this party staple and made it about a billion times better by creating Tiñata! An oversized Balter can will be hung from within the Brisbane Showgrounds marquee and punters will be invited to hit it to the max. If you’re the winner who smashes the can, get set for a merch bonanza! What could possibly go wrong?
10. Hailed by Billboard as “Australia’s most exciting new pop singer” and fresh from wowing a huge crowd at Splendour In The Grass, Mallrat is a must see at Beer InCider. The undisputed Queen of Brisbane will be taking the stage after Alice Ivy and before The Jungle Giants on Friday night. Talk about the best night of music in Brisbane in like…ever.
9. This year, we're creating…wait for it… a Ping Pong Arena! Think tiered seating, trusses, lighting, and all the bells & whistles. What’s the inspiration for this monstrosity? Founder Marty Keetels gives us insight to the hours of planning that takes place at BIC HQ: “Yeah we’re upping the ante. Mainly just so I can beat my brother John and friend Matthew who are both inferior to me at all sport.” Thanks. That’s just great Marty.
8. Beer not your thing? That’s no problem! We’ve got our best ever line up of ciders, wine and cocktails. Fresh from winning Best Cider Maker at 2017’s The Beeries, Harry Moses will be in the house pouring Pagan Cider. Our wine list is being curated by Cuttings Wines. And we’re really excited by our craft cocktail list which has been put together by the legends at Calibre Craft Spirits. We’ll just leave it here: Gin Negroni, Hellfire Summer Gin & Tonic, Vodka Mule and Crazy Uncle Espresso Martini.
7. What’s better than watching The Smith Street Band at a beer festival? It's watching them while enjoying a beer they created! The Lee Hartney Experience is a Poolside IPA by The Smith Street Band, Fixation Brewing and Beer InCider. The creative genius behind such things as Lego, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Tesla, Lee Hartney returns to Australia briefly to deliver us a cracking beer we can enjoy while watching this rock God shred!
6. A new addition to this year's event is our Brewers Stage brought to you by Aether Brewing. Topics being discussed during the festival include: BrewDog & Brisbane, The Enigma - Lifting the Veil on Green Beacon, So You Want to Work in Beer?, Beer Tourism - The Future is Now, and Turning The Mic Around on James Smith from The Crafty Pint. We've got contributors such as Rory Gibson (beer writer, The Courier Mail), Anne-Maree Moon (GM Tourism and Events, Brisbane Marketing), Zarah Prior (TopDog at BrewDog), Adrian Slaughter and Marc Chrismas (both owners of Green Beacon) and Mazen Hajjar (Hawkers Beer) joining us. It's for the thinking beer drinker.
5. We’re upping our Merch game. This year the festival ‘must have’ item - our famous tasting paddle - is joined by a rad festival stubby cooler. Get both as a package. These items are available from our Info Tent (straight in front of you as you enter the festival). While you’re there, our full Merch Tent is only metres away which will be full of great brewery and band merch run by the legends at Thirsty Merchants. Is your current shirt looking faded and frayed? It’s time to restock the wardrobe.
4. Love watching artists create? You’ll enjoy what we’ve got planned! On both days of the event we’ll have two of Brissie’s best artists painting murals live at Beer InCider. One's incorporating beer into pop culture scenes and the other is making a statement with “Beer is a girl’s drink” (bloody oath it is!). Grab a seat nearby and enjoy what unfolds before your eyes!
3. Press Club is our country’s most exciting punk rock act. Natalie Foster is a force of nature. On the back of covering The Killers' “When You Were Young” for Triple J’s Like A Version last week and a sold out national tour, they take to the Beer InCider stage. Do yourself a favour and make sure you get to the main stage by 2pm on Saturday to see what all the fuss is about!
2. How good are gastro pubs? Real good. So, we’ve invited three of our faves to pop up at Beer InCider. We’ve got chicken wings by Tippler's Tap, a vegan restaurant from Hellmouth Diner at Netherworld and a lobster bug roll, cheese and charcuterie eatery by The Alliance Hotel. Yep, that’s a lobster bug roll. ERMAHGERD.
And drumroll please, our number one best thing to do at Beer InCider 2018 is…
1. Drink an array of amazing beers and ciders from more than 60 of Australia's and New Zealand's best breweries and cideries. Over 30 of these beers are being created exclusively for you! We repeat - more than 30 beers are being created just for Beer InCider. Grab a famous Beer InCider tasting paddle and sample widely.
We can't wait to welcome you to our festival. See you soon Brisbane!