Privacy & Terms
We care about your privacy
WE TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES TO PROVIDE A SAFE AND SATISFYING EVENT SERIOUSLY. TO ENSURE WE PROVIDE YOU WITH A GREAT EXPERIENCE, WE HAVE FORMED THE BELOW POLICIES.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
- We do not offer any refunds or exchanges of tickets except as required by law.
- All patrons MUST be 18+.
- Footwear must be worn at all times. We will enforce a reasonable standard of dress.
- Sorry, no pets are permitted at the event except for Seeing Eye Dogs.
- Entry is at patron's own risk. Patrons hold the Organiser (MPoints KM Pty Ltd trading as Beer InCider Melbourne), Melbourne Showgrounds, any employee, director or agent of the Organiser and Melbourne Showgrounds harmless and not liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained while coming to or from the event or while on-site at the event including that resulting from negligence.
- Pre-purchased tickets must be presented upon entry (via PDF on mobile device or print out).
- We are a tasting festival and not a beer swilling event. We encourage all of our patrons to eat well and frequently, and drink plenty of water. We practise the Responsible Service of Alcohol at all times.
- Entry into the festival requires current valid photographic ID that shows Proof of Age. We will check all patrons for Proof of Age upon entry. Failure to produce evidence of Proof of Age will result in refusal of entry.
- Every patron must wear the wristband provided inside the festival at all times.
- Dedicated smoking areas are provided within the festival. Smoking is only permitted inside those areas.
- No food or drinks (except sealed, unopened bottled water) will be permitted into the festival.
- No drugs, firearms or other potentially dangerous items can be brought into the festival.
- Please don’t crowd surf at the festival, or dance in a manner that negatively impacts those around you.
- All patrons carrying bags will be required to submit their bag for a check at entry. Refusal will result in denial of entry into the festival. Any patron found to be consuming externally purchased food or drinks within the festival will be removed.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event for any reason. We will act reasonably in doing so.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any patron for any reason. We will act reasonably at all times.
- Tickets are created and managed by Eventopia and are also subject to the terms and conditions of Eventopia. You can read them at http://info.eventopia.co/terms/
- Any patron who acts in a criminal way during the festival (theft, taking illegal drugs, etc) will be handed over to the police.
- By entering the event, all patrons agree to be bound by and subject to these Ticket Terms and Conditions.
Sourcing Locally Policy
When possible, we source suppliers locally. This includes providers of marketing advice, tents, marquees, food providers and of course beers/ciders. Where it's not financially viable to use locally made products, we source from overseas.
Collection & use of personal information
Information collected generally
We will use our best endeavours to only collect information we need for the particular function or activity we are carrying out. The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give that information directly to us. We may collect the following information through the site:
(a) Anonymous Information – this type of information does not identify you. It includes analytics (this is information that we log regarding access and use of our website). It can include dates and times of access, devices used to access our website (such as IP address, host and browser type), details of pages accessed, and information downloaded. In addition to the above, it can reveal how many visits a particular section of the website received, or reveal which articles are most popular.
(b) Personal Information – this type of information identifies you, and includes the following details (name, date of birth, postal address, email address and any other contact or identifying details). This type of information will only be collected when directly provided to us, for example but not limited, to when you sign up to our mailing list, participate in competitions or subscribe to our website.
If you are under the age of thirteen (13) you should only submit personal information about yourself with the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
To elaborate on the above, we may collect your email and, if you provide it, other contact details when you subscribe to our email list, join our membership lists, or enter our promotions.
Links to websites from our website
Main use of information
Our main use for collecting personal information is so that we can provide you with information relating to Beer InCider Experience and our goods and services. We may also use personal information to send you information about our activities, or about goods or services that we believe may be relevant or useful to you.
Some further examples of how we may use your information include, but are not limited to:
(a) providing certain features or functionality or to improve your user experience;
(b) enabling you to access certain features of the site;
(c) conducting promotions;
(d) statistical and internal business purposes;
(e) improvement of our website;
(f) advertising and promotion;
(g) with third parties we engage to help us run aspects of our business efficiently.
In other respects, we will only use personal information with your consent, or if we are required or permitted by law to do so.
We utilise cookies from third parties when you visit our website or use our apps. Including Facebook pixel to measure ad conversions or retarget advertisements on Facebook.
We may also utilise cookies provided by Google, Inc (“Google”) to help analyse how users use our website. The information generated by these cookies is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers. We may, from time to time, use the following services provide by Google which utilise cookies. These include Google Analytics, Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
If you don’t want to accept cookies, your browser can be set to accept or reject all (or some) cookies or prompt you each time a cookie is offered. If you do happen to block cookies, please note you may not be able to access specific website features.
In certain circumstances we are required to disclose your personal information to third parties, including but not limited to:
(a) where we are required to by law;
(c) to third parties to whom we contract out specialised functions. If we do disclose personal information to third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, we will take steps to ensure that those contractors only use your personal information in order to provide the specific services or to perform the specific functions required by us and store your personal information securely and only for as long as it is necessary to provide the required services or perform the required function; or
(d) as you authorise us to do so.
Access to your information
Under the Privacy Act (Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13) you have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you and ask that we update that information.
If you need to access or update your personal details, please let us know using the contact details below and we will comply with your request. You will be asked to verify your identity before we will disclose or modify the personal information.
We will take all steps necessary to keep any personal information we hold secure from unauthorised disclosure or access. Where possible, access will be restricted to authorised personnel only.
While we take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, we can't give you an absolute guarantee that your information is always secure as no data sent over the internet is 100% secure. We will not be responsible for any liability, loss or damage arising from unauthorised access to your information.
You agree that we may need to store or transfer your personal information to servers located outside of Australia.
Accuracy of personal information
Reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date.
If at any time you do not wish to be notified about our services, activities, events and promotions offered by us, or if you don’t wish to receive any further communications from us, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org